Ok, now that you have bought an awesome domain from Godaddy that will kick-start your brand new ideas, you will need to somehow make the website visible to the whole world.
In order for you to make your site visible using Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will need to make some changes first. Please Create an account with AWS first. Once that is taken care of, here are the steps that you can take to migrate GoDaddy domain to Amazon Route 53.
- You will need to go to AWS Route 53 and create a hosted zone. This is where you will add your newly purchased domain name. Please also change your TTL to around 5 minutes.
- Take a note of the NS Servers. You will need this later.
- Login to Godaddy and navigate to the Domain Manager. Select the domain you just bought and hit change.
- Add the NS Servers you obtained from AWS Route 53 in Godaddy’s Domain Manager and hit save.
- You should now be able to manage your domain from AWS Route 53 directly.
Additionally, don’t forget to renew your domains from GoDaddy. If you want you can transfer the domain to Route 53 as well.
All the best for your brand new ideas.